Saturday 9 February 2013

Yes or No?

This thread was given to me after the family of an elderly lady cleared out her house. I received a large bag of vintage Coates Tatting thread, all in shades of cream and beige. The sizes are 20, 40 and 60. This one is size 60. I just can't make my mind up about it. I'm making a choker which will also have some beads hanging from it.

But I can't decide if it looks vintagey ( which is what I want) or if it just looks crap, grubby. Because the thread is so fine and the design is quite intricate ( this is just the first round) it will take me a very long time to make.

I suppose all I can do is see what it looks like once I start on the second round. It's such a pain when you spend a lot of time tatting something then realise it looks rubbish!

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I think it looks vintage-y lol. I love your work! Do you make your own designs (your choker and this one) or are they patterns from somewhere? I am just starting to try and figure out how to design my own patterns.

    ReplyDelete